[3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, peter@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 17:46:02 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    3     2        3
   80:   93    16       54
   40:  171    28       81
   20:  464    36      113
   15:  366    32      115
   10:  825    30      131
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I can't state this more plainly: My best contest ever.

This was a great combination of my health, band and weather conditions
cooperating. Usually one or more of the these conspires to limit my score but
not this year.

There were two huge factors. First was a very pleasant surprise on Friday
night--20m was open all night long. That doesn't happen often and when it does
it's a nice treat. The second was the spectacular propagation on 10 all
weekend, as evidenced by my score and my ability to find and hold a usable run
frequency.

My strategy was basically the same as every year: first 24 hours I'm after
every mult I can find, and the second day I maximize my rates. I think that was
a decent combo this year. My only wish is that 80 and 160 had been in better
shape. Especially 160.

I was also about to get more butt-in-chair time in 2012 due to better planning
and resting, but some of that was limited due to weather. Namely Hurricane
Sandy was well on her way to my New Jersey QTH and due just hours after the
contest was scheduled to finish, so I had to take some time to help put things
in the garage, etc. That and a needed nap on Saturday cost me about 4 hours,
but so it goes.

So that's it for 2012. I'll be active from Toronto once again as VE3THX for
CQWW-CW.