[3830] CQWW SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB(A) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB(A) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:17:05 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   37    18       36
   15:   30    16       30
   10:   57    22       52
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Just out to see how many DXCC I can work in one weekend while QRP.
Final total 102 unique DXCC entities.

Start of contest had 10m good for an hour, then 15m, while 20m was
good until 03z when I stopped with 40 DXCC in the log.

On my Saturday morning I started at sunrise 15z, and spent lots of
time in pileups, but worked dozens of new ones. Lots of stations I
called and called but couldn't work. Wow, crowded conditions. Since
I was only looking for new countries, it was a joy to skip pileups
for countries I no longer needed, By 17z I had lost 10m to Europe
so I took a break, and then just worked on and off every couple
hours. By end of Saturday I was at 87 DXCC in the log.

Sunday morning sunrise to the end of contest I kept plugging away
looking for new countries. Lots of new ones I couldn't hear, and
lots more who couldn't hear my QRP. New countries slowly rolled in,
slower and slower as the end approached. Last year was 116, this
year was 102. No problem with the station that I could perceive,
I guess conditions weren't quite as good. See you in Sweepstakes!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10,15,20m: C-31XR at 71ft, C-3 at 3ft, 3el Steppir at 40 ft
Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software