[3830] CQWW SSB KS0MO(K0VXU) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0vxu@kc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KS0MO(K0VXU) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 18:21:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KS0MO
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas
Operating Time (hrs): 15:56

  160:    4     4        3
   80:   23    10       17
   40:   92    21       52
   20:  183    28       76
   15:  133    26       47
   10:  127    22       54
------------------------------
Total:  562   111      249  Total Score = 570,240

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to all for the QSO's.  Conditions were good even on 15 and 10 meters.
This was the first time out for the Kansas City Contest Club callsign, KS0MO,
in a major SSB contest.  I have to admit that it took a while to get used to,
however, most stations copied the callsign correctly the first time....very few
repeats of the callsign.

As is my usual time was limited but I tried to make the most of the hours I
could.  Over half of the time was spent doing S&P on the low bands fighting
through an S9 power line noise.  Yet the good propagation on 20-15-10 made it
easy to generate Q's even in S&P.

Overall 36 of the 40 zones were worked....the usual tough ones from here are
22, 26, and 39.  Somehow zone 37 was missed, too.

CQWW DX contests are always fun and they generate lots of activity.  40 through
10 were always crowded.  Slightly less activity on 80.  160 was disappointing
due to a lack of activity.

The KCCC members rotate the club call for various contests.  The call was
chosen because half of our members reside in Kansas and the other half reside
in Missouri.  One of our members is trustee of KC0MO and uses that call mostly
in CW contests.  So, be on the lookout for KS0MO and KC0MO in the next major
contest.

73,
Russ - K0VXU