[3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOSB(A)/10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KT4ZB SOSB(A)/10 LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 20:01:33 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KT4ZB
Operator(s): KT4ZB
Station: KT4ZB

Class: SOSB(A)/10 LP
QTH: Savannah, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 15.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  656    32      114
------------------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

A whole new plan for this year's CQWW.  I knew going in that Saturday daytime
meeting commitments and an evening wedding would mean little, if any, chance to
play radio on Sunday.  So, I finally decided to operate SOSB(A)/10m and see how
close I could get to the W4 record for 10m in basically a one day contest.  The
outlook for Saturday was pretty good with the flux around 132 and I was able to
get about three hours in after the band opened Saturday morning.  By the time
the wedding party was over, it was near midnight and the band was of course
dead.  When I saw the 120 flux report Sunday morning, I was concerned what kind
of opening we would have...well...10m opened about 7:45 and lasted until the end
of the contest.  There were so many spots and stations to find, that my low
power runs were about equal to S&P.

 And there were great DX contacts - Had a total of 48 JA contacts in the log
which for me in SE Georgia is fantastic!  And A63, A73, BM0, DX1, 9K2, HZ, T88,
KH0, KH2, YB, TA1, TK, TF, VU and ZD8, were nice additions to the total.  Missed
several "easy" ones...there were spots but I never heard the stations.  I had
hoped for 600 Q's, and ended with 656.  Claimed score is better than the W4
record; but, there should be lots of great scores this year.

   Thanks to the CQWW committee for sponsoring this great contest.  And thanks
to all the folks around the world whose contacts filled my log.

Best - Jere

 FT1000mp Field (100w), TH6DXX, dipoles and N1MM.