[3830] CQWW SSB NH2T(N2NL) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2nl@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB NH2T(N2NL) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 01:31:28 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NH2T
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: N2NL

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Guam
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     3        5
   80:  124    27       35
   40:  602    29       67
   20: 1227    35      103
   15: 2014    35       96
   10: 2414    36      100
------------------------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I really prefer CW to SSB but had to do at least one WW SSB serious effort while
still here on Guam.  My station doesn't really have the "horsepower" for SSB so
I'm really happy with the result.  On CW you can always find room but it's hard
on sideband with limited spectrum and fighting to make a hole in the QRM.

I thought conditions were "decent" - 10m was good but closed relatively early
in the evening, but 160m was miserable and 80m not much better.  Lots of
spectrum pollution from zone 24 on all the bands that made things challenging
at times, including S9+10 two-way AM and FM radio splatter across the entire
10m band that made otherwise Q5 EU callers inaudible and OTH radar that
periodically affected some of the other bands.

My last serious SO effort in WW SSB from Guam was in 1999 where I made just
over 5K QSOs, so I am very happy to push my personal SSB best over 6K.  I am in
awe of those who can make 7K, 8K and more QSOs in 48 hours - wow!  Guys like
N5TJ, VE3DZ, N6KT, OH2UA, W7EJ, ETC (too many to mention) get my highest
respect for doing this year after year.  I don't think I could push the rate
like they do hour after hour even from a zone 8/9/33 location.

Many thanks for all who called in and gave me a QSO.  Hoping to see everyone
again in a month.  My thoughts and prayers to those in the NE USA who are just
now starting to see the effects of hurricane Sandy.

73, Dave KH2/N2NL aka NH2T (*not* NS2T)

K3/AL1200 + TS930/SB1000
Spiderbeam @ ~45ft
"fan" dipole for 10/15/20