[3830] CQWW SSB GW4BLE SOSB/10 QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve.gw4ble@btconnect.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB GW4BLE SOSB/10 QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 04:56:20 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: GW4BLE
Operator(s): GW4BLE
Station: GW4BLE

Class: SOSB/10 QRP
QTH: Newport
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  655    23       78
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

A few months ago I was receiving medical radiotherapy, but CQWW was THE real
'radio therapy' I've been craving for.  Out of hospital just a month ago, with
a clear result from the medical team gave me the boost for at least a
'part-time-QRP-10 meter' entry.

The FTDX5000MP was put aside (it doesn't output less than 10 watts, fine for
RSGB events but not for CQWW) and the FT2000MP, which does run 5 watts, was
pressed into service.   That with a fixed 3 element A3 at 24 feet (approx 8
metres) and a rotatable 4 element at approximately 45 feet (15 metres) is all I
have on the tower right now.

I was surprised what could be worked with the 5 watts, thanks to those who
called me in my mini pile-ups, and the DX who managed to pull me out of the
QRM.

Looking forward to picking up on the various antenna projects that have been on
hold this year.   Roll on 2013!

Check out contest audio at http://www.gw4ble.dxlist.co.uk

(this year not on line yet, but previous contest Qs are available)

73

Steve
GW4BLE