[3830] CQWW SSB KD8GOX SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd8gox@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KD8GOX SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 13:20:03 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KD8GOX
Operator(s): KD8GOX
Station: KD8GOX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:
   40:   19    13       12
   20:   44    17       38
   15:   98    22       59
   10:  106    21       56
------------------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Once again a lot of family committments.  My oldest son is principal viola in
the youth symphony - great music.  In between the music a few hours for radio.
I was surprised at the end how many contacts on 10M versus 20M.  I think that
20M was open most all the time, but everyone was playing on 10M.  Good openings
to JA on 10M - which for my station is not rare - but also not common.  I had a
lot of fun exercising the Orion, Heathkit Amp, verticals and the log antenna.
Thank you to all.  Thinking hard about a new call sign.  Had to verify GOX
instead of GDX many times.  For what it is worth, the SP stations in general
had the cleanest signal and audio I heard - really FB.
73 Karl KD8GOX