[3830] CQWW SSB WA1N(@K1RX) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB WA1N(@K1RX) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:32:21 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WA1N
Operator(s): WA1N
Station: K1RX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35     7       10
   80:  135    15       51
   40:  121    16       53
   20:  484    30       88
   15:  607    29       83
   10:  702    25       76
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

As a relatively new contester I had a great time operating thanks to K1RX
letting me run SO2R at his superstation.  I operated for about 45 hours with a
quick nap on Sunday morning.  After the contest was over it felt like about 2
hours went by because of my excitement and focus level!  It was a bit of a
struggle at first getting used to the "knobology" of new radios and trying to
be too polite to squeeze in a spot to call CQ on the crowded hot bands.  There
were some great runs on 10, 15 and 80 throughout the days and some great DX
stations answering. By Sunday I became more efficient finding places to CQ and
much more comfortable running both rigs in each ear and using beam switching.
Overall this was an awesome contesting experience getting to operate on a great
station and I look forward to improving my rates and efficiency in future
contests.