[3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KL7RA M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 20:23:56 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): AL2F AL7IF KA1NCN  KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   25     8        7
   80:   56    22       30
   40: 1412    34       96
   20:  695    34       96
   15: 1988    38      126
   10: 2999    35      111
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

As noted by others Ten was exceptional with a new in-house station q's per
hour rate record of 382 followed by a 430. Never getting great prop in both
worlds, 160 sputtered along with 25 q's and most of the normal mults we can
work on topband never gave the first hint they could hear us not that we heard
that many anyway.

Nothing wrong with 20 meters, just easer to pop mults on 20 and run on 10 or 15
all day. 40 was excellent this year for us and we were able to work Europe well
past daylight each morning. We find we are usually very weak for stations to
copy our call during grey line prop at our sunset as we are just above their
noise floor but on the flip side we can call very weak stations during our
sunrise and they come right back.

Some worry early Sunday morning when we went almost silent for three hours with
slow rate but we did the Alaskan radio chants and ten exploded with loud Europe,
40 meters later went s9+20 to Europe as well and we were back in the battle with
additional caffeine reserves compiled while we paced waiting for the bands to
open by pounding down "worry" M&M's which are not our normal mult color of blue
or red.

Post contest dinner was simple steak, backed potatoes and squash as everyone's
brain was sucked dry by a SSB contest. Thanks to Kris, AL2F and Dave, KA1NCN
who ran the big rates all day and Wigi, AL7IF who worked with me keeping
bandmaps empty while waiting for the big Europe run on ten meters he just knew
was coming and it did.

73 Rich KL7RA