[3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4KG@AOL.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N4KG SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 10:56:55 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   30    12       17
   40:   77    25       52
   20:  259    32      100
   15:  311    33      113
   10:  354    31      114
------------------------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Too many DX Stations running Too Much Audio Processing
which caused Severe DISTORTION of their signals
making it difficult to understand them in spite of strong signals
AND QRMing other stations due to Splatter to Both Sides for several KHz.

This was going to be a limited operation on the High Bands only,
BUT, I got my 'second wind' Saturday night and put in a few hours on 40 and 80,
making me wish I had gone to those bands Friday night also... so it goes.

It was interesting to note the Big Guns who were CQing between 28.8 and 29.1
MHz!

SO1R = Icom 746 plus Single 3-500Z Amp at 400W
80M Elevated GP
40M Ladderline Fed Sloping 80M Dipole from 120ft to NE plus Delta Loop
20/15/10  TH7 at 40ft plus dipoles to S.A. to save Rotor time.

The Dipoles worked well when the pileups were small.
Less common mults required turning the Beam.
This gives me more motivation to put up another Tribander!
I would need to cut down several more trees to restore the Monobanders...
should have cut them down with my Bow Saw decades ago!

Tom N4KG