[3830] CQWW SSB 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 3V8BB(KF5EYY) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 15:01:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 3V8BB
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8BB

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Tunis
Operating Time (hrs): 43h

  160:   28     4       19
   80:  236     7       43
   40:  776    17       62
   20: 1033    20       79
   15: 1173    26       81
   10: 1005    25       85
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Three years ago, CQWW CW started the night of the Aid El Kebir (One of the two
islamic ceremonies). DJ7IK was my guest and he celebrated the event with me and
my family. At that time It wasn't easy to convaince them that I need to depart
to 3V8SS (130km north) the day of the Aid to continue preparations and to take
part in the contest starting that night!
This year's CQWW SSB came ALSO the night the Aid. I had YT1AD with me at home.
However, it was easier to convaince my family. I think that they started
realizing what's wrong with my priorities ranking! :) Too bad, I confess!

Plan was to operate MS with YT1AD and Mirko DJ1AA visiting Tunisia, however,
for family commitments, Mirko chose to stay in Monastir.

Operating MS with 2 operators wasn't the best idea and it would be tough to
bring additional points to my WRTC Points. Hrane was too kind and gave me the
chance to operate SO. Not too much thinking, my prefered category... SOAB-LP!
Hrane operated SB-160 as 3V8CB.

The contest was fabulous with tremendous activity! I didn't feel any need to
sleep but I chose to do it for a more confortable operation.
I'm not so happy with 10m, I don't know what's wrong with it. 1000 QSOs was the
least I could expect on this band!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and the nice time! Again, what a wonderful
hobby we share!

73 Ash KF5EYY
Also 3V8BB, 3V8SS
http://www.qsl.net/3v4-002/