[3830] CQWW SSB VE2DXY M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Irwindarack@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE2DXY M/2 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 07:17:09 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE2DXY
Operator(s): KD3TB, KD3RF, K3FMQ, KE3C, VE2GTZ, VE3CWU
Station: VE2DXY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Zone 2-QC
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:   49     3        2
   80:  162    12       30
   40:  650    20       71
   20: 1078    28       93
   15:  334    18       62
   10:  279    20       62
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Band conditions were good and local weather cooperated in Zone 2. It's rare to
have both of these in alignment from our northern location. This year our
Multi-Two station performance was significantly improved as we added a second
beam on 10 through 20 to our antenna set up, used two Electraft KPA500 amps and
the new KAT500 tuner.  This greatly increased our band agility on both stations.
We had good runs on all of the bands, especially 10 meters.  Due to pending
Hurricane Sandy and possible RACES responsibilities, we decided to return home
early for family considerations and only operated 36 hours.  After two days of
driving, we made it home just in time before roads and bridges were stating to
be closed.