[3830] SS CW WX3B(@W3LPL) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WX3B(@W3LPL) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 20:22:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: W3LPL

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  304
   40:  213
   20:  418
   15:  131
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to Frank and Phyllis Donovan for hosting me again for ARRL SS/CW again
this year.   Thatâ??s two weekends with back to back contests in the W3LPL
basement.

It is fun to compete with Barry WR3Z who beat me fair and square this year by a
few QSOs with his superior planning for time off.  Barry operates the other half
of the W3LPL super-station during Sweepstakes.

I would have gladly signed a document swearing off Sweepstakes for the rest of
my life on Sundayâ?¦.it really is THAT SLOW.

BUTâ?¦The new Yaesu FT-5000 on Frankâ??s 20 meter run station kept me
interested and I learned how to use the CW functions a bit better over the
weekend.  Being able to compare the FT-5000 and K3 back to back was fun, and I
walked away convinced the FT-5000 is absolutely competitive with the K3 under
extreme contest/crowd conditions.  I will say, however that the K3 can be
tucked into your DX holiday suitcase quite easily.  On the other hand, no
question in my mind, the beauty contest is won by Yaesuâ??s incredible
attention to detail, fit and finish on that new radio.

On Saturday I thought weâ??d NEVER run out of VE7CC skimmer/beacon spots, and I
agree with NY3A and K3MMâ?¦.and experience grab and pounce person can easily
exceed average run rates.  I was surprised to be able to sustain a grab and
pounce rate over 70/hour for more than 30 minutes.

Sure was fun hearing all those PVRCers in there â?" hope we can build on that
momentum for SSB.

See everyone in SS/SSB.

73,

Jim   WX3B