[3830] SS CW WF7T Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brad.wf7t@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WF7T Single Op QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 21:35:42 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WF7T
Operator(s): WF7T
Station: WF7T

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  111
   40:  144
   20:  118
   15:   55
   10:   31
------------

Club:

Comments:

My hearty thanks to all able to pull my signal out of the noise.

I spent the last hour looking frantically for a station from NNY to complete
the sweep but no luck. Wow, though...80M absolutely jumped alive during the
last hour!

This was my first QRP effort in a major contest and I could not be more
pleased. I originally set an "unattainable" goal of 300 Qs. How could I know
the milestone would be met Sunday afternoon from my station. So I thought,
"lets see how close I will get to a sweep and 400 Qs." I was more lucky than
good I think.

Pretty cool what 5 watts to a wire will do when propagation is decent. I was
absolutely in awe of some of the serial numbers reported by other Q guys along
the way. Simply amazing! Makes me wonder what a decent antenna might allow me
to do!

Bands were pretty good from here and at times great. It is always a pleasant
surprise when the rare stations answer my CQ, not to mention the added thrill
of being a QRP station. My special appreciation to the 15M op at KL2R: Great
ears, you made my contest!

It is always nice to work the Tennessee Contest Group members and the Thursday
Night Sprinters.  Thanks one and all.

Lastly, my best wishes to all affected by the recent storm and my hope for a
speedy return to normal.

73 Brad WF7T
Nashville, TN

---