[3830] SS CW N4AF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4af@pvrc.org
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4AF Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 04:29:04 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4AF
Operator(s): N4AF
Station: N4AF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nc
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Great condx. Thunderstorms passing thru Sunday night were a problem as they were
   just south of us.
As usual, 40M was THE band. Sweet to have expeditions covering VY1 and VO-
actually both VY1EI and VO1XX were begging for QSOs (at times). Maybe first
time worked at least two of every mult. NE and Dakotas were out in full force
;-)
We had added 'ON' to logging in anticipation, zero problems with VE3 giving new
mults correctly tho.

A great showing from PVRC, they seemed everywhere.

Full breakout of rates @
http://n4af.blountscreek.org/stats/2012%20ARRL-SS-CW%20N4AF/graphs_qsbyhour_All.htm
(if that long url gets broken http://n4af.blountscreek.org/stats/ )

My two pet peeves seemed slightly better this year:

1) station calls; give exch; he comes back with <HIS CALL> not mine. Unless I
blew his call- WHY waste air space ? Even more prevalent in DX tests.
2) CW challenged station (we were all there) comes back and insists on
REPEATING all elements of his entire exchange. WHY ?
--Having said that, I thought level of civility was at an all time high this
year, I was impressed.

Oh, one last thought: DUPES. In this computer age, typically if someone says
'dupe' it translates to a blown call. If possible, when a station is a dupe, it
would be a nice courtesy (if not repeating the exch) to give the qso number
received previously; something like "dupe qsl your # 123". In some cases, it
seemed as fast to just give out the qso again-esp if response 'n.i.l' would
subsequently follow.

Thanks for the qsos, great to work all of the Thursday night Sprint gang !
My apologies to friends in Ukraine, I no longer had the UR DX log loaded and
had no way to give out the right numbers. Maybe next year I will keep a sheet
of paper.

73, Howie N4AF

           ARRL-SS-CW SUMMARY SHEET

               CONTEST: ARRL-SS-CW
            START DATE: 03-11-12
         CALLSIGN USED: N4AF
               LOCATOR: FM15

     CATEGORY-ASSISTED: NON-ASSISTED
         CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
         CATEGORY-MODE: CW
     CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
        CATEGORY-POWER: HIGH
                  CLUB: Potomac Valley Radio Club
                  NAME: Howard Hoyt N4AF
               ADDRESS: 549 Bluebird Trail
          ADDRESS-CITY: Blounts Creek
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: NC
    ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 27814
       ADDRESS-COUNTRY: USA
                 EMAIL: N4AF@PVRC.ORG

        OPERATING TIME: 23:57:23
            CQ COUNTER: 4534
            RUN/SEARCH: 901/346 Qs
      UNIQUE CALLSIGNS: 1237

              SOFTWARE: TR4W v.4.246 http://www.tr4w.com

  BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points     Mults
  80CW        190          189      378         4
  40CW        642          634     1268        14
  20CW        306          305      610        48
  15CW        109          109      218        17

 Totals      1247         1237     2474        83

    Final Score = 205342 points.