[3830] SS CW VO1XX(K5KG) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VO1XX(K5KG) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 06:48:48 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VO1XX
Operator(s): K5KG
Station: VO1MP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   98
   40:  242
   20:  499
   15:  216
   10:   98
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

A big thanks to Gus for the use of his station.  The antennas and equipemnt all
performed faultlessly.  Gus and I co-op'd WW SSB as VD1M the week before, and
spent the week running pile ups to clear out the dx before SS.

K3 + Alpha 87A
Monobanders on 20, 15 & 10
40m - High dipole and a sloper to the west
80m - High dipole.

Conditions were generally good.  Low bands were somewhat noisy before the
contest.  The remnants of Hurricane Sandy passed over the ares on Friday night
and early Saturday without incident.  Once that wx system was gone, the low
bands quieted down.  High bands were good.  The A index had peaked on Friday,
but by the time of SS, it dropped.  10m offered up Q's from CT to SFL, and
plenty of West Coast and KH6 on Sunday.

Participation was excellent.  Worries of not being able to get NJ & NY mults
did not materialize.  We all need to thank the NNJ, SNJ and NY stations for
getting on in spite of the terrible storm damage.  VY1EI and VY1JA provided
excellent coveerage for NT.  Towards the end, I even heard VY1EI begging for
Q's on 80m.

73, George, VO1/K5KG