[3830] SS CW N6NC SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hlserra@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N6NC SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 11:54:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N6NC
Operator(s): N6NC
Station: N6NC

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: La Jolla CA
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
  160:    0
   80:   28
   40:  222
   20:   96
   15:   88
   10:    8
------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the Qs. Lots of fun.

Just casual S&P for a Clean Sweep mug. I had expected not to participate,
because I was supposed to be in NYC on FRI NOV 2, but Sandy and SWAIR
cancellations took care of that.

I thought this year might be short on MULTs from NLI, NNJ, SNJ, New England
because of Sandy, and due to the new ONE, ONN, ONS, but they were there in
adequate numbers. I was impressed that the East Coast guys got on even after
the winds and flooding of Hurricane Sandy. Good ham spirit and grit.

Made the Sweep at 9:30pm SAT--earliest ever here-- with my last MULT, a KH6!
Followed K6LL's advice and spent time early working the VE/VO, KP4 and KP2
MULTs. They are acessible especially when 15m goes long just before it closes.

N1MM worked perfectly, and Tom N1MM is right: if you are doing
assisted/unlimited class, just plow down those bandmaps with one key working
them as fast as you can, then go back to CQing or change bands. Don't waste
time if the station has any kind of a pile up, you can mark him and go back
later, and you will gather Qs and MULTs much faster. (It reminds me of the
advice they used to give us for standardized testing: just plow through and
answer the ones you know quickly. Mark the hard questions and go back later.)

73, Larry N6NC