[3830] SS CW W9CA(N9CO) SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N9CO@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W9CA(N9CO) SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:32:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W9CA
Operator(s): N9CO
Station: W9CA

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5

------------
  160:
   80:  205
   40:  474
   20:  163
   15:   67
   10:    3
------------

Club: CorTek Radio Association

Comments:

My home station rotator broke days before SS.  Climbed the tower and locked
antennas due east.  As I was pondering my latest round of "rotator blues", my
good friend Cornel, KK9DX, offered the keys to his club station, W9CA.
Couldn't pass it up.  Everything was set up and ready to roll on Saturday.
FT-1000D and computer.  All I brought was my winkeyer, paddles, headsets, and
some cables.

Got off to a slow start... not sure why.  Tried to catch up, but it always
seems like when you fall behind in SS, it is really hard to catch up.  Sunday
afternoon was Sunday afternoon... and by the time the evening hit, and a bit
better rate, I was already thinking about the hour drive home and getting up
for work on Monday.  Both are not good things to think about if you want to
keep your butt in the chair.  Ended up leaving some time on the table.

Thanks to Cornel for the use of the station.  It worked well.  And thanks to
our friends on the east coast who were able to get on.  I know if the table
were turned and it was my home/neighborhood/town under siege, it would take an
almost superhuman effort to get on.  Thanks again!

73,
Charlie  N9CO