[3830] SS CW N4KH SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4kh@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4KH SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:45:31 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4KH
Operator(s): N4KH
Station: N4KH

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:
   80:  141
   40:  170
   20:  211
   15:   77
   10:   13
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Instead of using alot of S&P hunting for a sweep as I've done in previous years,
my goal this year was to go for Q's and improve on my error rate. Honestly, that
seemed to take some of the fun out of this contest for me (boy that exchange is
l-0-n-g), although as it turned out I did get the sweep. I had little problem
logging ONN, SB, NT, or DE; but NE, MB, and NNY were hold outs. Lastly it came
down to NNY and I was fortunate to work NN2L on 20m through a crazy pileup
around noon Sunday just one for two QSOs before he disappeared. I also started
this contest rather tired and really struggled as time went on. I doubt I
improved my error rate at all but maybe the sweep will survive the robot.
Finally ran out of gas late Sunday afternoon with several hours to go, short of
my goal of 1000 Q's. Lesson learned: get more R&R before the contest (duh!).

On the upside the antenna changes I've made this summer were a big help. The
beam performed well even at 40 feet, and the OCF dipole I put up the day before
did pretty well too. One of the memoriable QSOs was on 80m early in the morning
when a /KH6 answered my CQ.

Station: Elecraft K3-100, TA-33 tribander, dipole for 40m and 80m.