[3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K5WA@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K5WA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:32:49 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   87
   40:  464
   20:  371
   15:  263
   10:   58
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

After getting a sweep by 10 PM Saturday evening, I thought this was going to be
a really good SS but I sure hit the wall after the first 10 hours.  The first
750 QSOs came pretty easy after a terrible first hour of figuring out whether
10 was the place to be or not but I finally got rolling fairly well.  10 never
seemed to open on Sunday and 15 didn't really fare too well either but 20 and
40 were my money bands.  Of course you never hear N2IC or N9RV having any
trouble on the bands.  Funny how the REALLY good ops never seem to have the
same conditions as us poor mortals.  ;-)

I still had lots of fun and the station held together very well.  It definitely
likes CW better than SSB though.  My antennas are just happier down in the lower
parts of the bands.

73,
Bob K5WA