[3830] JIDX SSB W6H(@W6HCD) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6KI73@GMAIL.COM
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB W6H(@W6HCD) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:14:25 -0800
                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: W6H
Operator(s): N6KI, WQ6X, AF6WF, K6KAL, K6GO, NA6MB, NN6X, N6EEG
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   80:    9     9
   40:  478    45
   20:   36    24
   15:  235    42
   10:   94    30
-------------------
Total:  852   150  Total Score = 143,250

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

We use W6H Callsign as a tribute to our late friend "Hiro" JA1FRQ who visited us
over a 5 year period from Japan and was an avid San Diego Contest Club contester
who lost a courageous 2 year battle with cancer and passed away in March of
2012.

We worked 147 more Qs than last year but condx on 80 to JA were not good for us
costing us at least 15 to 20 mults over last years tally. We never seem to work
many JAs on 20 mtrs even when there is propagation to JA, not sure what that
issue is all about. 40 and 15 Mtrs were the money bands with some nice runs and
best run hour was 0000Z to 0100Z ( Sat eve ) on 15 mtr band. Very bad OTH (
CHINESE? ) Radar type QRM on 40 Fri and Sat eve for an hour or two. The Noise
Blanker could totally eliminate on the K3 but the signal distortion killed off
a lot of Qs. We could have done better on 80 mtrs if we had late night and
early morning Op for 75 mtr band.
10 mtrs yielded only 94 Qs and 20 mtrs dies early Sat eve. Of the 30 hours we
had station manned we only got about 17 productive hours in. de N6KI