[3830] JIDX SSB KL2HD SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeffrey@alaska.net
Subject: [3830] JIDX SSB KL2HD SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:29:17 -0800
                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: KL2HD
Operator(s): KL2HD
Station: KL2HD

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Homer, Alaska
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:
   40:   14     9
   20:   55    27
   15:  243    43
   10:  185    39
-------------------
Total:  497   118  Total Score = 80,476

Club:

Comments:

I like this contest.  I think my QTH here in Homer,AK is situated pretty good
for this event.  Surprisingly good conditions on Saturday with solid runs on 10
and 15, but it only lasted from about 1 to 5pm.  I thought my score was going to
be a lot better as I went through 10 then 15 as the day progressed, but 20 never
materialized and I only had modest success on that band.  Lots of my operating
time was on 40 m in the first evening and morning, but I heard few JA while W6A
worked JA after JA on that band.

Tried to make 500Qs by the end of the contest, but missed it by a few.  Not bad
since I more than doubled my score from the previous year.  Worked 47 of the
prefectures, but missed 23, 49, and 50.  Snagged one JD1.  Could be a nice
score for ABL category in NA.

Thanks to all the JAs who came back to my measly 60w output from the antenna.
Seems like I hardly had to call CQ since it was one after the other.  I like
running which is something LP stations get to do too infrequently.

73, Jeff
KL2HD