[3830] CQWW SSB VC2X(VE3ZF) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Igor.Slakva@smiths.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VC2X(VE3ZF) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 06:10:00 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VC2X
Operator(s): VE3ZF
Station: VC2X

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Zone 2
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    7     3        2
   80:  337    15       51
   40:  546    23       70
   20: 1139    28       89
   15: 2018    25       87
   10:   64    13       37
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

One more DX pedition to Zone 2 behind.....After 1700 km driving through
mountains I came to small French speaking fishing village Riviere-Au-Tonnerre,
located on Atlantic coast a week in advance for CQ WW DX Contest. During this
week I was installing and testing my phasing verticals on 80 and 40 meters,
Spider Beam on 14-21-28, etc....The weather during this week was very
challenging, giving me hard time with installation. However up to Friday all
antennas were in place.
I was pleased by great condition, especially Long Path on 40 and 20 meters....
Also I had perfect pile-ups on 20 and 15 meters with Spider Beam.
Unfortunately, part of Spider Beam was damaged under strong wind - I got big
SWR on 10 meters....Putting down tower during such condx was impossible...
Practically I lost antenna on 10 meters...
Thank you to all who called me during contest, also my big thanks to Jack
VA3ATT, Max VE3CCN, Raco VA3YP, Igor VE3KAO and Serge UT5IA for their great
help in DX-pedition preparation.

See you from next DX-pedition and 73!

Igor VE3ZF