[3830] SS SSB W1VE(@K1TTT) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, gerry@w1ve.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W1VE(@K1TTT) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 16:13:53 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W1VE
Operator(s): W1VE, NJ1F
Station: K1TTT

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: WMA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:    0
   80:  243
   40:  788
   20:  114
   15:  408
   10:   38
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Very interesting and strange propagation on the high bands at the start of the
contest!  WPA and SCV were the same signal strength on 15m (30+/s9) for the
first few hours.  This allowed us in the east to catch some of the runs the
midwest and west coast guys have.  Wow, was that fun!

Of course, with 8 elements on the band, 40m is the money band when operating
from Dave's fine station.  I parked one 4L at the south and the other out west.
  The QSOs on 40 seem endless, except for a few wee hours in the morning.

Brian, NJ1F, was a great 2nd op for our multi, and did a handy job of finding
the sweep very quickly -- WV, of all places, was our last section.   Many many
KL7s, KH6s in the log, including QRP -- the solar flux really helps out in that
regard.

Thanks for all the Qs -- this was certainly a fun one.

As always, thanks so much to Dave for the use of his very nice station and for
his incredible hospitality!

73, Gerry W1VE