[3830] SS SSB VE9AA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VE9AA Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:21:09 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: mar
Operating Time (hrs): 14:57

------------
  160:    0
   80:   65
   40:   85
   20:  319
   15:   35
   10:  210
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Well, another one in the books (at least for me). Screaming is not condusive to
sleeping in the next room, so had to quit promptly @ 9pm local so my son could
get some sleep for school tomorrow.

KX9X is the last in my log.  Hey Sean!

No crumbs left for the sweeper - picked up all 83, though what started as a
very casual effort turned into something quite different and I don't know why.

I always say  I won't go full bore and then for whatever reason, I usually do
anyways.  I have el-stinko antennas (really) but have fun anyways.  I am sure I
was a good 20-30dB down from other VE9's.

Took some time off for the LZ DX contest on CW here and there.

Was a treat of course to work Eric VY1EI (what would we do without that guy?)

SC was my last section and then I worked another a few minutes later (isn't
that always the way?!)

10m was in real good shape, but despite milking the band for all it was worth I
came up a bit short there.

You can tell what bands I have super high SWR on by the # of Q's.

One thing that always bothers me to no end is repeating my section.  No matter
how many years go by nobody knows where "MAR" is, or where VE9 is. (hi)

73 de Mike VE9AA "MAR" (NB, out East.....VE1, VE9 & VY2 = MAR for this one)

IC-746, MLA2500 and N1MM, VK-64
10m lj-105ca@24'
15m 40m GP
20m CW-160 dple@ 22'