[3830] SS SSB KU8E Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KU8E Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:28:00 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:00

------------
  160:
   80:  241
   40:  147
   20:  289
   15:   36
   10:   12
------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

I was planning just a PT effort since I needed to pack this weekend for our trip
to PJ4A next week. Finished earlier then expected on Sunday so I thought I would
do a little more operating than I had planned. The AL-800H on loan from K4BAI (I
just got back this week from John after it was repaired) died again so I had to
run LP on Sunday. I just decided to move on running LP and try get a sweep
since it wasn't any fun running LP on SSB with wire antennas and just quit when
I did. I found VY1EI on 15 meters for a sweep and shutdown shortly after that.

 Took my two boys to dinner and got back with about 1/2 hour left so decided to
get on 75 meters for the end.  That was not to be. It appears my radio is now
damaged since it's not putting out any output power. Now I have to deal with
trying to get it fixed (probably a new transmitter final) when I get back from
the CQWW trip. Luckily I have a TS850S for a spare so I'm not off the air when
that other radio is away for repairs.

Jeff KU8E