[3830] SS SSB K7SS Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dank7ss@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K7SS Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 08:15:42 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7SS
Operator(s): K7SS
Station: K7SS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: wwa
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Great to reunite w/ so many SS pals from over the years, and so many
first or second time new folks.  Lots of new kids and gals a treat as well.

Did my current usual part time effort.

Needed 2 more (AB and SNJ) for a sweep on Sunday afternoon, so knowing i might
find an AB neighbor later on 40, I spent some time sweeping up and down looking
for SNJ.

Heard N2MM in SNJ call and work several guys but could never figure out his
pattern.
So landed on a kind of empty 14200 (go figure!)...and decided to CQ, hoping to
snag him as he trolled by.

Im ready to call CQ, and someone says.."is this frequency in use?"...so on a
whim,  instead of trying to grab it, i said..."nope, its not...go ahead"..
and lo and behold I hear " CQ SS N2MM"...      wow!   hows that for a
Sweepstakes Miracle ?
:-)

Got VE6EX shortly thereafter, for the SWEEP.

PS: congrats to those QRP folks who braved the QRM to hang in there.
KD0S ND0C and NN7SS were heard all over the place. Well done lads.

73
Danny
K7SS
WWA