[3830] SS SSB W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kn5o@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W5RU(@KN5O) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:52:11 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W5RU
Operator(s): KN5O K1DW KG5VK K5ER KA5M K5TFH NX8G
Station: KN5O

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Covington, LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  213
   40:  523
   20:  746
   15:  270
   10:   95
------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

I'm sitting here analyzing the logs between last year and this year, trying to
find out where we went wrong.  We were on track with last year's run rates
though about 20:00z on Sunday (up +1).  But then the rates declined from there
to the close of the contest; down some 200 Qs from last year, with the last
hour being a total disaster (Qs down by nearly 100 in the last hour!)

It certainly wasn't from a lack of band coverage - we were actively covering
3-4 bands at any time.  Station equipment basically the same, dual interlocked
SO2R positions.  We had some new ops, but by that time they had been operating
several hours each, so station familiarization was not so much an issue. So I'm
thinking it was fewer participants than last year (which from reading the
comments posted from some, that appears to be one factor, perhaps due to the
after affects from Sandy.)

Regardless, though we were disappointed in our effort, we ate in style!  Dinner
Friday night at the Chimes Restaurant overlooking the Bayou, full breakfast in
the AM, poor-boys for Saturday lunch, Bar-B-Que with the trimmings for dinner,
repeat breakfast, more sandwiches/Bar-B-Que for lunch, topping it off with
pizza for Sunday evening.  Not to mention the desserts.

Thankfully no equipment failures and everyone had a good time.  And many, many
thanks and much appreciation to the XYL for tolerating the bunch!

And thanks to all of you for the Qs.. We'll see ya down the road in future
contests.

73,
Ted
KN5O for W5RU

(K1DW Dallas, K5ER Mark, KG5VK Steve, KA5M Marsh, K5TFH Tim,  NX8G Rex)