[3830] SS SSB VY2ZM Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K1ZM@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VY2ZM Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 21:39:29 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VY2ZM
Operator(s): VY2ZM
Station: VY2ZM

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: PEI
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   22
   40:  564
   20: 1222
   15:   41
   10:  290
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

First major contest with the **NEW VY2ZM** since the old one was totally
destroyed in an unreal ice storm last February (see QRZ.com). 6 inches of
radial ice and high winds took out 27 yagis and a 170 ft tower in 4 hours - my
wife and I worked every day the wx was suitable starting in late March until
mid September to rebuild this place.  And it was a ton of work with some help
pulling ropes from my good friend down the road - John B  -  (some who have
visited here have met this fine fellow - you could not ask for a more loyal and
 better friend!) It's very different antenna setup than was here before with
less flexibility than the old one offered but it plays well enough......

Congrats also to the many fine scores I heard out there this weekend -
K5TA/K5TR/NR5M/K7RL/W7WA/K7RI and WP2Z.  At the half, as I recall, all our
scores were very close to each other...

And thanks to all those casual and new operators who are the real heroes of
this contest - without you it would be totally boring on Sunday afternoon and
it is boring enough when you basically run out of stations to work in the SS.

73 and CU all this weekend in CQWW CW

JEFF  VY2ZM