[3830] SS SSB W3IDT(@W3LPL) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB W3IDT(@W3LPL) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:50:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W3IDT
Operator(s): W3IDT
Station: W3LPL

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  287
   40:  549
   20:  354
   15:  174
   10:    6
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

[Cross-posted with the K3MIM and W3IDT scores.]

The dad (Bob, W3IDT) / daughter (Miriam, K3MIM)
contest team at W3LPL:

1. We wish once again to express our appreciation
to Phyllis for letting us occupy part of her home
during a non-dx contest, and of course we thank
Frank, W3LPL, for the use of his supurb dx contest
station for our sweepstakes effort.

The new computers (thanks Tony, N3ME) and WinTest
logging software worked perfectly. No more
"SetSerial" commands to correct old CT's scrambling
of serial numbers when switching bands / computers.

2. We haven't yet used K0RC's great log analyzer,
but it seemed that the first 12 hours were OK, but
no really good runs. In the past we've had multiple
100-120/hr runs ('MIM once had an 140/hr). K3MIM
was at 785; W3IDT at 782; so about 65/hr.
After a 4 hour nap / food break, we put in another
12 hours, not using the last 2 hours. Sunday seemed
to have better, more steady, hours than the usual
football game doldrums, averaging about 50/hr.

3. Final result:

K3MIM:  gross qsos: 1412, net 1394;
        83 sweep;
        score: 231,238

W3IDT:  gross qsos: 1397, net 1370;
        83 sweep;
        score: 227,420

So, W3LPL's station contributed 458,658 points to
PVRC's 2012 SS/SSB effort.

As usual, K3MIM has fewer dups than W3IDT- they
remember working a yl. We usually work all dups;
heh, they may spot you again, too.