[3830] SS SSB K0HC School Club HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K0HC School Club HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 19:27:24 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH RHETT
Station: K0HC

Class: School Club HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:  325
   40:  182
   20:  752
   15:  129
   10:   25
------------

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

After more than a month of practice, the Hesston College ARC once again took to
the airwaves for the 2012 SSB Sweepstakes. Three unlicensed students worked
hard to master the skills, but one student got sick on Friday and one couldn't
make it, which left it up to Rhett, an Air Traffic Control student, and
Bob/w0bh, control-op and faculty member, to put us on the air.

Rhett had practiced by working several other contests, so he was ready to go.
He even mastering the fine art of VOX as he soloed the station for a good part
of the weekend. We enjoyed working the four new Ontario sections, which led
eventually to the Clean Sweep at 1434Z, compliments of VO1MP. This year we also
gave out a Clean Sweep to an Alaska station. Our last five section countdown was
ND WV SD PR NL, with PR and NL the sections we needed on Sunday (and only worked
once during the weekend).

Rhett also enjoyed chatting with students at the other school stations (who
seemed equally excited to talk to us). This year we worked 14 schools including
K7BTC W8SH K4KDJ W9JWC W0EEE W6YX W5YM W1AF K2CC W3YI W3KZ W1KBN K9IU and K5LSU.
Besides counting schools, we also like to try for a "Sunday Sweep" .. our way of
generating excitement when the action slows down. We start counting over again
after the night's break. This year, we missed working only DE and SK on Sunday.
We heard both but had already worked them.

Time to start counting down the days until next year November. Thanks to all
who now have us in their log!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC