[3830] CQWW CW KB0EO SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KB0EO SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 15:29:44 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB0EO
Operator(s): KB0EO
Station: KB0EO

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Minnesota
Operating Time (hrs): 16:30

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  587    33      119
------------------------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I did the exact same format as 2011 - SOSB 10 meters HP(A) with similar
outcomes; same number of zones as last year, 3 less countries than last
year...100 QSOs less than last year - and points were 50K less than last year.

I hit it pretty hard this year - the nice thing about 10 meters is the band is
only open from about 7:00 am to 5:30 pm local time - that allows me to do some
other things besides the contest. It didn't seem like there were that many
stations operating this year - the pickings got mighty slim very quickly.

The A index on Saturday was 7 and started out at 13 Sunday morning - it dropped
back to 4 by end of contest. The conditions were average at best. I had only a
couple of JAs Sunday at the gray line - the ones I worked were very weak -
clearly, the propagation dropped off substantially. Sunday morning to EU was
better than Saturday morning and it lasted about 45 minutes longer on Sunday.

I think next year I will either hit all bands again or change the single band
to 15 or 20.

It was fun to see the two African DXpeditions (7P8D and 5T0SP) get in the game
- the pileups were pretty fierce at first, but tailed off as their signals were
strong for long periods.

I had my wife take a picture of me from the chilly shack and posted it on my
QRZ.com site - staying cold helps me stay awake.

73 and good luck!

Dan - KB0EO
Northfield, MN