[3830] CQWW CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB(A) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NN7SS(K6UFO) SOAB(A) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:11:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   83    23       81
   15:   37    21       33
   10:   23    15       22
------------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Simple goal: Work 100 countries QRP.

First three hours got me 35 countries. I didn't venture
onto the low bands.

The first morning I got many of the European countries,
but only 20m. 15m barely opened to Europe, and 10m never
opened to Europe here. The rest of day was South America,
followed by Pacific. At my sunset I had reached 105
countries.  The A index (already high) was rising, so
again I skipped the low bands.

Sunday morning had much worse conditions. I could barely
raise a European on 20m, and only a whisper heard on 15m.
So, I took it easy, just checking now and then for
anything new and loud enough to be QRP-workable.

I heard at least another dozen countries that I just
couldn't work QRP. There were spots for another two
dozen countries that I couldn't hear.

Final total: 119 unique DXCC countries while QRP!

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

10,15,20m: C-31XR at 71ft, C-3 53ft, 3el Steppir 40 ft
One Kenwood TS-590s turned down to 5 watts
Writelog software and microHAM controller