[3830] CQWW CW K1BX SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hamfam6@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K1BX SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 16:22:32 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K1BX
Operator(s): K1BX
Station: K1BX

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 34
Radios: SO2R

  160:   35     9       15
   80:  219    16       66
   40:  512    25      100
   20:  408    35      117
   15:  446    34      121
   10:  412    25      100
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Have only operated one Assisted CQWW before - in 2004. Both sons were back from
RIT so did not want to go 44 hours this year. Had many breaks - like in the
middle of Sunday 10m run, my son's car hood wouldn't close and he was leaving
for Rochester. Lost a half hour fixing it. The extra sleep this year made a big
difference. Ten more hours than usual.

Like others, my PC could not keep up with the spots. It would delete 5% of the
spots every minute. It was too slow to use ESM mode. I shut off telnet when I
was running. Did not know what to expect during a major contest with spots.
Need a new PC. This was the first time I could watch my skimmer spots. I would
move around to see where they could find me. Maybe they will expand to cover
more bandwidth for tests.

Condx really picked up. Long path Sunday on 20 with SE Asia at 145 degs. Never
worked that before - 150 watts.

Time to tear down this shack and build a new one across the basement.

160   Inv Vee at 75 ft 3 Bevs
80    Inv Vee at 75 ft
40    2 ele at 50 ft
20, 15, 10   X7 at 60 ft, X7 at 30 ft, A3 South at 30 ft

IC775, IC 765, N1MM, WK USB #001

tnx es 73, art