[3830] CQWW CW N4CW SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4cw@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4CW SOAB QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 18:50:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: NC -- zone5
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    7     6        6
   40:  107    17       56
   20:  191    24       78
   15:  164    22       71
   10:  130    20       61
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow! 102 band countries!!! All with a barefoot KX3 running 5 Watts! But before
you get carried away and want to do it, there's a "dark side"...you MUST deal
with a lot of frustration...like calling and calling never to be heard, or
hearing some really great stuff and unable to work 'em because they're either
too weak (meaning you are too...by many orders of magnitude!) or the pileup is
impossible (due to too many "big guns" being alerted by packet, telent, RBN,
whatever!)...so you have to move on and not let it bother you. Easier said than
done! Plus, you'd better forget about "running 'em"...it just doesn't work!

I chose to let my K3 and Acom 2000A remain silent because this had to be a
part-time, non-serious effort due to family obligations exacerbated by the
holiday...family first! But late night and early morning as well as daytime
"snatches" of time made it all possible.

IMHO, band conditions in the second 24 hours were much better than the first.
At least I was hearing more exotic calls the second day!

And to give credit where it's due: I wasn't the good op, the guys/gals at the
other end were...they had to dig me out of the crud. A few chose to ignore me,
but most persisted, much to their credit. It's appreciated! Thank you!!!

73, Bert N4CW