[3830] CQWW CW N4YDU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ydu@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N4YDU SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:08:47 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4YDU
Operator(s): N4YDU
Station: N4YDU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:   48     9       22
   80:  171    16       56
   40:  360    26       89
   20:  400    29       93
   15:  582    31      101
   10:  273    23       82
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

With the sun casting storms I was fearful of the worst but things were pretty OK
from here. The score is down 18 percent (about 200 qsos and 33 mults for 500K
points)from last year but it was still a great time. Iâ??ll take these
conditions over a sunspot minimum any day.

The low bands (especially 80 and 160) seemed better the first night and I tried
to take advantage of that by sleeping only 3 hours the first night. After the
nap, I was hopeful of great things on 10 and 15 Saturday morning but that
wasnâ??t the case. Things were so-so at best but workable. Both bands were
better from here on Sunday morning.

It was nice to hear several African stations on â?" always nice to bag zone 35,
36 and 38 mults.

Twenty meters was really interesting the first night â?" Europe was strong at
08z!
All the antennas stayed in the trees and the radios performed well.

73,
Nate/N4YDU

Station:
Ten Tec OMNI VI, Ten Tec OMNI V.
160M: ½ wave inverted L
80M: 1/4 GP and inverted V at 60 feet
40M: Dipole NE/SW at 70 feet; inverted V at 60 feet fixed NW/SE
20M: 2 Element Delta Loop fixed NE at 55 feet, dipole NW/SE at 65 feet
15M 2 element delta loop fixed NE at 60 feet, dipole NW/SE at 65 feet
10M: 2 element tribander fixed NE, dipole NW/SE at 65 feet
Software: WinTest