[3830] CQWW CW K7GK(@N6RO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7gk@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K7GK(@N6RO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 21:21:41 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K7GK
Operator(s): K7GK
Station: N6RO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Z3
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

  160:  112    12       21
   80:  219    20       37
   40:  626    31       79
   20:  576    35       99
   15:  777    32       94
   10:  397    28       63
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After several cancellations from the follow-on to the last year's competent M/M
effort, I was given a chance to play in a classic  boy-and-his-radio (and
another radio and amps, computers, SO2R box, filters, cables, antennas and god
knows what else) category from Ken's great station. Good conditions at the
start began to go south quite quickly. After I dropped down to 20M and, for the
first time ever, heard JAs sounding as fluttery as LAs, I knew things were not
going to be pretty. And they weren't. Yet they were. Nonetheless, a few
thrilling and several loooong hours later, highlighted by out-of-the-blue
calling double mults or lowlighted by giving up on maddening pile-ups in the
last few hours, another annual part-geek fest, part-weirdo family reunion is
over. What fun. Sleep.

Denis - K7GK/6 @N6RO

One last thing, I think on important weekends skimmer needs his rest.