[3830] CQWW CW W7EW(@W7AT) SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W7EW(@W7AT) SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 23:21:20 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W7EW
Operator(s): W7EW
Station: W7AT

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:  41     13       24
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  41     13       24  Total Score = 3,737

Club: The Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Did a S/B on 10M with different call. Wasn't ready to sleep so did some DXing
while on 160M. 10Qs first boring night. 31 Qs second interesting night. We
don't get out much here in Z3 so when the likes of EL2, D4, RI1, C5 and other
dignitaries appear we shock-excite the trees here with vigor.
     On 10M was beaming East with the stacks and worked West Maylasia (9M2)
longpath. Later was beaming west and worked Mike, VP8NO, again maybe longpath.
Who knows...We made the Qs but this points out that this radio propagation has
some "rules" that we haven't figured out altogether yet.
     Same applies to 160M. Hope everyone who can gets on for the ARRL 160M
warmup next weekend. This will put you in fine fettle for the Stew Perry
Extravaganza  the weekend after Dec. 25.
    Conditions: 2 somewhat vertical wires over two tall fir trees 186' apart
fed with a Comtek box. Each vertical has 60 125' long more or less radials
under each. Probably some kind of gain but 186' was what I had to work with in
trees angled in the correct direction. Also have 4 direction Beverages which
are more important than the verticals.
    Use a K3 with an ACOM2000A. Swearing a lot seems to help also.