[3830] CQWW CW M3I(G0ORH) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, G0ORH@sky.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M3I(G0ORH) SOAB HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 06:56:42 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M3I
Operator(s): G0ORH
Station: G0ORH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: West Berkshire, uk
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:  176     7       36
   80:  353    11       44
   40:  255    10       45
   20:  465    19       41
   15:  400    21       61
   10:  601    21       55
------------------------------

Club: Newbury and District ARS

Comments:

K3, KPA500, STEPPIR BEAM, WIRES FOR 40,80,160M WINTEST LOGGER, microKEYER II.
SOAB, non assisted.
The plan was to do the full time allowed but had to drop the tower down at 8pm
on Saturday night as high gale force winds were forcast in our valley.
During the day, 10m was sounding very weird, deep echo on most signals and copy
was near impossible. The only way around was to beam skew, in my case Beaming
35deg found that EU was workable.
Their were Some incredibly dirty signals coming out of EU, 1.5kw sounded more
like 5kw and sprogs everywhere.
At 3am I was woken from my dream of Mults! (wrong, I like to RUN, not S & P)
by the sound of tiles rattling from the force of the storm in motion.
>From my conservatory, coffee in hand,I could clearly see the glass elements on
my steppit beaam bent under the force of the winds.
Next morning, at 8am, no damage had been caused except the wire dipoles needed
some attention.
By 9am, tower up, K3 and KPA500 amp on, a quick recce on HF and 10m was ON!
10m on Sunday was alive, big runs to NA, and west coast was awsome, it was
great fun with my small contesting set-up!
There were a few big calls from NA missing from my log, or did I just miss
them!
28hrs, 04 mins Time ON, 19hrs 54mins Time OFF.
Great fun as ever.
Would easily have made 3500 QSO's and maybe more but for the station closure.
Finished at 23:59hrs - Log submitted 12mins after at 00:11hrs.
Ken..G0ORH - M3i