[3830] CQWW CW LA3S(LA3BO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LA3S(LA3BO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:25:56 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LA3S
Operator(s): LA3BO
Station: LA3S

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: JO59CC
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  148     4       28
   80:  397    11       51
   40:  330    13       52
   20:  426    22       54
   15:  285    24       68
   10:  253    20       57
------------------------------

Club: LA Contest Club

Comments:

I was hoping for 2000+ Qs and a new LA-record in this category before the
contest, but the aurora killed my hope the first day. Conditions improved a lot
the second day, but I could never recover the loss.

RBN makes life much easier for LP. As long as you stay within the coverage for
the skimmers. It is just to find any clear frequency and start CQing, you will
immediately be noticed where there is an opening. But there is still an
opportunity for improving RBN spots. Wrong frequency information can route the
callers away from you. That happened to me a couple of times. I know because I
monitored my RBN spots to learn about the effect of the network. Late spots may
also distract callers.

I am satisfied with managing with only 2.5 hours sleep during the second night.
It is amazing how you can fall asleep in front of the radio during low activity
with auto-CQ, and then suddenly wake up when you hear beeps in the headset.
Without these micro-naps, I would probably not cope.

Anyway, CQWW CW is the best contest in my opinion, lots of activity and always
some interesting contacts. My best moment was when I worked a double mult from
D4C on 80 in the last minute of the contest!

73,

Svein - LA3BO