[3830] CQWW CW KL2R(N1TX) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KL2R(N1TX) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:53:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KL2R
Operator(s): N1TX
Station: KL2R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: KL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    8     4        3
   40:  112    17       22
   20:  929    31      101
   15:  660    31       59
   10:  218    18       22
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

That was fun.  Despite the poor forecast and some moderately challenging
conditions at times, propagation was incredible at other times.  Last night 40
was simply amazing and open nearly worldwide.  I even worked Europe in their
daylight hours on 40.  Picked up a couple new countries for DXCC, too.

I didn't want to kill myself this weekend and resolved not to work more than 24
hours, but gosh this was addicting.  I had trouble tearing myself away.  I think
this is a personal best in terms of score and QSO count.  At least it is from
KL2R.  Saturday night I thought there was no way I was going to make 2000 QSOs,
but by Sunday morning it seemed a real possibility.  Just missed it!  Another 45
minutes, and I could have. :-)

I did a LOT of S&P.  I had a few good runs for an hour or hour and a half from
Friday to Sun AM, but I was mainly looking for mults and 3-pointers.  It paid
off.  At times my S&P rate was 90-110 per hour, so the point accumulation was
pretty good.  Sunday morning I finally decided enough was enough and pushed
hard on both 15 and 20 to run.

Still shaking my head at conditions...I haven't seen them like this in years
from Alaska.