[3830] CQWW CW N1UR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, edsawyer@sbelectronics.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1UR SOAB LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:30:27 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   41    11       26
   80:  244    17       67
   40:  518    25       85
   20:  602    29       88
   15:  842    28       92
   10:  443    23       78
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Despite not meeting the hoped for conditions, its hard to complain
about the conditions of this weekend.  Better to adapt and enjoy.
So that is what I did...and enjoyed.  I still love this game!

Last year, I opened with a 100 hour on 40 CW.  This year, I had a 10
min start with no Qs.  Quickly adapt...and ended with a 65 hour all
S & P.  And so it goes.  40M all weekend was not up to par up here
in the far north.  Yet 80M was quite okay.  160M was terrible.  When
DR1A is on the noise floor on the other end of 1000ft NE pointing
beverage...you know you are in for a long night (never did work a DL
on 160M...that is probably a first for this contest).

Adapt was the word.  My overall mults were close to last year,
although off by about 20.  However 10M alone was down by almost 30.
So, I was pretty happy with the recovery.  If 10M isn't cutting it
(as in Sat morning)...go for 15.  Didn't have success running JA on
15...but 40M netted about 30 JA run CQs...go figure.

Interestingly..I felt like I did better in this contest than last
year.  Last year was kind of a shock actually.  It was loving it..but
not fully prepared.  Hats off to W3EF and K1BX for taking it and
capitalizing.  This year, I was ready.  Depsite feeling like I was
"limping on 40" compared to W3EF's numbers last year and this year,
I adapted.  Hopefully my new emphasis on accuracy, will help pull
this one out.

It never ceases to amaze me on the cool stuff that can happen in
these contests...VU2, ZC4, ZA, 4L, BY, OX, TF, ZS calling in, just off the
top of my head.  Dropping in a call in a major pileup and getting a
call back, first time...wow...that is cool.  All that time up on the
tower paying off.

Hoping these conditions stick around for another 2 seasons...ar least.

Thanks for the Qs and competition.

73

Ed N1UR