[3830] CQWW CW IZ3NVR SOAB(A) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW IZ3NVR SOAB(A) QRP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 08:16:11 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: JN65ep
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   45     6       24
   40:  128    13       47
   20:  140    16       52
   15:  206    24       58
   10:  122    18       39
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I started the contest with two goals: work at least 500Qs and score at least
500k. Successfully achieved the first one and only postponed the second goal to
the next contest :)

Conditions were pretty tricky with excellent propagation followed by really
tought conditions. Managed to keep myself in the operating position "only" for
33 hours. I will need to work on that :)

I am not used to operate assisted and having Skimmer spots was somehow strange
to me. Most of the QSOs were made "old style" turning the VFO. 100% of the
contacts were S&P. Indeed loved the help of the cluster or the skimmers to
identify those stations not IDing that often or to grab those very light
multipliers that would have just been lost due to the fact that they were
really weak and I simply would have not heard them while scanning the band.
Used the second radio very little....just to check for other bands before
QSYing or to look for some specific station that were skimmed or spotted and I
was not sure they could have been heard by me. In the overall was more a SO1R
entry.

I always glanced at those tremendous scores during CQWWs where the operators
manage to work a DXCC on a weekend. Fortunately now I know the thrill of doing
so. I managed to get the QRP dxcc over a weekend and its certainly a great
achievement, for me at least.

Thanks to every great operator that managed to hear my signal. I really
appreciate their effort. Hope to work you all again during next contest.

Stefano
IZ3NVR