[3830] CQWW CW VE2EKA(VA2WDQ) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE2EKA(VA2WDQ) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:04:37 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE2EKA
Operator(s): VA2WDQ
Station: VE2CSI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Sept-Illes
Operating Time (hrs): 40.5

  160:  249    10       29
   80:  637    18       71
   40: 1111    27      101
   20: 1161    31      102
   15: 1028    33      100
   10:  815    25       92
------------------------------

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

SO1R

Kenwood TS-590S  + PA Acom 1010 650 watts
160m: Inverted L - 15 m up, 42m long
80m: Inverted V - 16m up
40m: 2 el. Yagi - 20m up
20m-15m-10m: Mosley tribander 4el-4el-4el

My plan was to use LP as I did during the last CQ WW. But the M-class flare
happened right before the contest changed my. Zone 2 is a north. Any ionosphere
magnetic disturbance makes impact on a local propagation and usually causes
dramatic band conditions deterioration. Actually that bad prognosis came to
reality. That was a real aurora on the first night. I've even seen a polar
light visually.  Hopefully I was able to rent a small PA - Acom-1010 from a
local HAM. Not a full legal limit power but that helped me a lot to drive me to
the best ever my personal CQ WW CW score!

My special thanks to Yuri, VE3DZ, Bob, VE3CWU, Steve, VE2TKH, Frank, VA2FGG.
Guys you helped me a lot in my trip to Sept-Illes))

Thank you all for the QSOs.

Victor

VA2WDQ / VA2WA / VE2EKA (z2)