[3830] CQWW CW PY3DX(@PY5EG) SOSB(A)/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, py3dx@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PY3DX(@PY5EG) SOSB(A)/10 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:38:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PY3DX
Operator(s): PY3DX
Station: PY5EG

Class: SOSB(A)/10 HP
QTH: Curitiba, PR
Operating Time (hrs): 36h17m

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2513    38      134
------------------------------

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

I had so many technical problems that sometimes
 I thought to my self I'd rather stay at home than
 contesting this weekend.
 But, the fact is that I LOVE THIS GAME!
 1st the radio (Elecraft K3) lost its set up,
 out of the blue.
 I couldn't hear anything on the band.
 I spent 3 and a half hours trying to fix it with
 no success at all.
 Then, I arranged another radio (Yaesu FT 1000 Mark V)
 but I couldn't configure the Microham interface and I
 had to work the contest keying with the right hand and
 type with the left.
 I spent more than 10 hours doing this, right in the
 middle of the best propagation time to EU. My right
 arm was hurting a lot.
 When I finally fixed the interface set up, 2h later
 there was a explosion in the shack and I lost the
 power amplifier.
 Well, many things went bad to me, but I don't regret
 anything.
 Unfortunately I couldn't beat my last year score, but,
 I'm glad to spend a good time along with some other
 good brazilian contesters and in spite of all this
 bad things, we laugh a lot.
 Hope next year I have more luck.
 One big thanks to Mr. Oms PY5EG for let me operate
 once again from his marvelous station.
 73 de Paul