[3830] CQWW CW CS2C(OK1RF) SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pesta@labex.cz
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CS2C(OK1RF) SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 03:30:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CS2C
Operator(s): OK1RF
Station: CT1JLZ

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Porto Covo
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 3404    38      144
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I have suffered an surreal interference from 30 kV EDP  power bridges over all
time of SSB section of CQWWDX contest. All my five active years in CT I was
suffering continuously by it. All efforts to correct the corona by the operator
of EDP distribution system were always negative. Replacing corroded terminals on
a HV power line is simply an impossible problem to solve in CT.

Before the CW section I anxiously followed the weather forecast. This time,
luck stood by me. Over all Contest time, the HV jumpers were wet and the wires
did not move as the wind was weak. After a quite long time I was able to listen
to very faint signals just above the natural noise in the band. The situation
was simply wonderful, and it stood so over the full Contest time. An extreme
fortune just fell from the heaven.
  My new 6 el. Yagi on a 12-meter long boom at 24-meter height did a nice job.
Its excellent front-to-back ratio and low side lobes were just fine to reject
strong signals from Europe. Nice strong signals from JA, BY, VK, ZL passed LP.
  Here in Southern Europe the effect of aurora was apparently not so pronounced
as in the Central and North Europe.
  As on Sunday my score approached 1M points, I started to hope I could conquer
the years-long EU record. It finally did happen.

A nice terminal period just at the Contest last few minutes were the QSOs with
KH6LC and KH6MB. Their signals passed through the silence on the band, weak but
well readable, around the South Pole, of course.

In my 67 years I do not want to count he number of CQ WW DX Contests I took
part in. Every time, however, everything feels differently than  anticipated.
This is for me the magic and beauty of short-wave contests.

Finally, thanks to everyone who called.

73!, Jiri, CS2C/OK1RF