[3830] CQWW CW ED9Z M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ha1ag@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ED9Z M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 06:16:59 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ED9Z
Operator(s): DF4SA DL2CC EA9LZ HA1AG HA3NU N5OT
Station: ED9Z

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ceuta
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  115    12       58
   80:  737    25      101
   40: 2516    37      131
   20: 1421    38      142
   15: 1954    39      149
   10: 1267    36      140
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Third consecutive WWCW operation from Ceuta. This time with new call in order to
have one call for CW and SSB operations.

Great weather this time, sun, no wind, no rain.

Had a few issues before the start but during the contest everything worked
fine.

Saturday 160m sounded mych better but did not mess too much with the EU pileups
on zone8 and 9 mults hoping to work them after EU sunrise. Condx went away and
never returned. During the second night the signals were down into the noise.

This year high band conditions were down compared to last year - the 1600 less
QSOs on 10m shows it perfectly.

Skimmer pileups are terrible. Everybody comes with the same pitch no spreading
at all. I still don't know if it was a course or a blessing that ED9Z must have
taken as a busted call and hardly ever reported. I guess Skimmerz still had ED9M
in the database.

Rig: FT1000MP+ TenTec Titan, TS-850+Acom 2000

Antennas:

160m: 18m high top loaded vertical on Spiderpole
80m: 18m high Inverted L on Spiderpole
40m: vertical
20-15-10m: Spiderbeam at 12m

Our sincere thanks go to Jorge EA9LZ for the tireless organisation work !

73,

Zoli HA1AG