[3830] ARRL 160 N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 06:56:11 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 9

Total:  QSOs = 134  Sections = 41  Countries = 3  Total Score = 12,188

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Yaesu FT-990, 100W.  MFJ 1026 Noise Cancellor with vertical antenna for
RX.  Transmit Antenna Alpha Delta DX-LB apex at 38' ends at 20 feet (raised
just before contest from 10 foot high ends)

With a tiny 88 x 88 lot 160 has been a challenge.  The DX-LB wasn't working
very well and I decided to try and change the game a small amount, and raised
the ends higher.  Now, instead of just 4 or 5 contacts and not very good I was
able at least to work quite a few guys and about half the Sections.

The 43 foot vertical with base tuner is still not working right, and am
planning on trying another base loading tool from AD5X design.  There's no way
to make an Inverted L given the topography and obstacles on the property.

The preamp in the MFJ and a short vertical made hearing the guys workable,
again even a K9AY array won't fit on the lot so RX antenna dismal situation.