[3830] ARRL 160 N7XU(K4XU) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N7XU(K4XU) M/S HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 07:31:49 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N7XU
Operator(s): K4XU
Station: N7XU

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 26

Total:  QSOs = 917  Sections = 80  Countries = 12  Total Score = 178,940

Club: CODXC

Comments:

Nice operation from the hacienda of WS7N.

Rig: K3 and TT Centurion, ~600W.
Ant: 70' inverted L
Rx ants: 3x 580' reversible beverages, 2 rx 4-squares.
Lots of fun playing 160m from a place that has no noise to speak of. So
different from living in the city! Rain and >40mph winds all weekend made for
some noises from local power lines but mostly avoidable. It's great having so
many receive antennas available.

Missed PR NL and NT. Never heard PR or NT but saw VO1MP spotted, but nil. I
could hear some Europeans but they could not hear me. Very frustrating. Worked
about 25 JAs, Generally they didn't seem to be into the contest. Better JA luck
in January.

Had fun and little sleep. Thanks to all for the Qs. My thanks to Bob and Sarah
for letting me play with the toys.

73,
Dick