[3830] ARRL 160 N6KI(@W6HCD) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N6KI73@GMAIL.COM
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 N6KI(@W6HCD) Single Op HP
From: webform@b41h.net
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2012 14:30:41 -0800
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6KI
Operator(s): N6KI, PACKET/SKIMMER
Station: W6HCD

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 13.5

Total:  QSOs = 582  Sections = 7  Countries = 77  Total Score = 101,556

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Friday night both Local and Atmospheric noise was down but some local QRN on
Saturday night and used 6 foot RX loop most all of Saturday eve. Signals from
East Coast were just whispers but the K3 and RX Loop pulled most of them out.
My goal was to do at least 500 QSOs and try for ALL 83 sections but 6 sections
were just not to be found. Since I really wanted to find all sections, I
decided to run ASSISTED with Skimmer and Packet but that plan went very wrong
as 160 full length Inverted V Dipole was too close to house where Internet
Router and Modem was situated and every time I transmitted, I killed the
internet connection and it would take over an hour or two for the system to
reset and could not reset the internet connection at all Saturday night when I
was looking for the 6 illusive sections. Missed PR, NL, MB, NNY, NLI, NT ! Did
Anyone who put in less than 15 hours get them ? ( Were you Assisted Mode ? )
Got 1 new country out of 7 countries I worked - France !
Going to get a USB Internet Cel Tower connection for future 160 contests if I
want to run assisted mode !
K3, ACOM 2000A, 160 mtr Inv V at 70 ft Apex, 6 Ft Dia. RX Loop - 73 Dennis N6KI